Saturday, March 12, 2011

Pincess Diaries by Meg Cabot

Stars: 4

Summary from Amazon:

Mia Thermopolis is your average urban ninth grader. Even though she lives in Greenwich Village with a single mom who is a semifamous painter, Mia still puts on her Doc Martens one at a time, and the most exciting things she ever dreams about are smacking lips with sexy senior Josh Richter, "six feet of unadulterated hotness," and passing Algebra I. Then Mia's dad comes to town, and drops a major bomb. Turns out he's not just a European politician as he's always lead her to believe, but actually the prince of a small country! And Mia, his only heir, is now considered the crown princess of Genovia! She doesn't even know how to begin to cope: "I am so NOT a princess.... You never saw anyone who looked less like a princess than I do. I mean, I have really bad hair... and... a really big mouth and no breasts and feet that look like skis." And if this news wasn't bad enough, Mia's mom has started dating her algebra teacher, the paparazzi is showing up at school, and she's in a huge fight with her best friend, Lilly. How much more can this reluctant Cinderella handle?





Review:

This is the sixth book I have read by Meg Cabot. I have found that all her books tend to be a cute and funny read. The Princess Diaries are no different!

The writing style of the book felt like I was exchanging casual e-mails with a friend. I haven't read any diary format books (except Anne Frank, but she's real) and this blew me away. I was giddy with happiness the first time the book overused exclamation points. That made my day.

Mia doesn't think very highly of herself. In her mind she's a total LOSER. While that made me feel way better about myself, I was annoyed at her friend choice. Lilly is so critical of Mia, no wonder Mia thinks she's dirt!  In the future books I want to see Mia get better friends.

Toward the end, the book started getting a little repetitive. I would, firstly, recommend it to younger teens, and secondly, to chic-lit lovers.

I'm back permanently now!

1 comment:

Welcome to ORAB. I love to hear from you!